An alternative to a bad credit bank account
Do you have bad credit? If your financial past means you're missing out on vital services like Direct Debits and access to cash machines, our account could be exactly what you're looking for. It's an alternative to a bad credit bank account, and it also provides extra services you might think aren't available to people in your situation.
An account for bad credit
If you've had problems with your finances in the past, there's a possibility you'll have a bad credit history. The reasons might be complicated, but all too often the result is depressingly simple. You can't get the financial services you need, whether it's a loan, a mortgage - or a bank account.
At thinkmoney, we like to do things differently. We're not a bank: we're committed to providing accounts to everyone who needs one, whatever their financial background. You'll just need to pass some initial ID checks and complete and return the signed application form.
So anyone can apply for our bad credit account - even with a history of:
- CCJs (County Court Judgments)
- IVAs (Individual Voluntary Arrangements)
- Mortgage / rent arrears
- Poor credit ratings
In fact, even undischarged bankrupts can apply for our account - and if you're in that situation, you'll know what a relief that is.
More than 'just' a bad credit account
We're not the only ones providing accounts to people with poor credit histories, but we offer a lot more than you might have thought possible.
As a thinkmoney customer, you'll have access to our professional Money Managers - financial experts who are there to help you manage your money, leaving you free to spend your disposable cash as you like without running the risk of leaving essential bills unpaid.
It works like this:
- When your money arrives, it goes into your Salaries Account.
- A Money Manager will make sure enough stays in there to pay for all the essential bills you've told us about: your mortgage/rent, utility bills, etc.
- The rest goes into your Card Account - the one that's there for your spending money: shopping, food, treats, etc.
In other words, you'll know anything in your Card Account is there to spend on the things you want.
- No charges for rejected payments.
- No need to worry about missing payments
- No need to worry about spending cash you need for your essential expenses.
Once you've told us about all your bills, you should never miss another one - as long as there's enough money going into your account in the first place, of course!
Poor credit - excellent service
With a thinkmoney Personal Account, you can expect excellent service. We've thought of everything you should need to get the most from your account, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year:
- A thinkmoney Prepaid Debit MasterCard® you can use to pay or get cashback in stores and restaurants, and withdraw cash from cash machines all over the world, where you see the MasterCard Acceptance Mark. Up to £450 per day per person.
- A text service providing convenient balance updates.
- An automated phone service which can provide balance updates and details of the last 8 transactions on both accounts.
- An online account management service, so you can:
- Check your balance
- View recent transactions
- Make one-off payments
- Order paying-in books
- View your regular income
- View your standing orders/Direct Debits
- Report lost or stolen cards
Get an account with us!
Nobody likes being rejected when they apply for an account. And nobody likes being hit with unexpected charges.
The way we work is different.
- We won't reject your application because you have bad credit. We can open your account as soon as we've confirmed your identity.
- We're not a bank - we don't invest your money in stocks and shares.
- We make sure it goes where it's needed. Our expert Money Managers are there to get every bill you've told us about paid on time, so you know exactly what you can safely spend.
- We're completely honest about how you pay for our service: no unexpected fees for missed or bouncing payments, or for making 'too many' transactions.