Welcome to our money guides section
This part of the website aims to help you deal with money problems yourself. Here you will find impartial, expert advice on a range of issues relating to debt and how to fix debt problems.
Impartial, expert advice on a wide range of debt matters.
- Assessing your situation
- Understanding different debts
- Planning your way out of debt
- Talking to creditors - repayment plans
- Download the Insolvency Service document "In Debt? Dealing with your creditors" here
- Download Scotland's Insolvency Service guide to dealing with lenders
- Talking to debt collectors
- Professional debt solutions
- Learning from your experiences
- Emergency debt guide
- Divorce and debt
Designed to help ease the financial pressure that comes with owning your own home.
- Worried about repossession?
- Repossession: what should I do?
- Arrears: how to deal with them
- Arrears: how can All About Money help?
- Money-saving tips
Helping you understand - and protect - your credit report.
- What is my credit rating?
- Get your credit report
- How can I improve my credit rating?
- Credit Reference Agencies
A guide to help new parents get the most out of their finances.
- Part 1 - Benefits and Tax Credits
- Part 2 - Managing your finances
- Part 3 - Preparing for the future
- Part 4 - Advice for working parents
Divorce and finances: A guide to some of the financial issues you'll need to deal with.
Tips for maximising your income, minimising your costs, and generally making your money go further.